Acurast Processors are the infrastructure providers for Acurast's decentralized confidential computing network.
Processors offer their computation of Android mobile devices to consumers. They process Acurast Jobs, request from consumers to get access to computation, running their specifications for e.g. accessing a public API. Processors will provide the output of the Acurast Job and a Proof of Execution on the specified destination by the developer e.g. Astar on Polkadot.
Become A Processor
Become a Processor on Acurast with an Android mobile device that provides computational resources. Earn rewards from consumers that utilize your resources with the launch of the Acurast Marketplace.
- Go to the Acurast Console and log in with your Talisman Wallet or your PolkadotJS Extension to create an account that manages one or more Processors.
- Fund Account - Get Testnet funds for your account with "Fund Account", to be able to onboard a new device.
- Get Device - Get one of the recommended mobile devices.
- Add Device - Add a new device with "+ Add New Device" by creating an onboarding QR code.
- Onboard Device
- Take your device out of the box or factory reset it. Tap 5 times on the screen to open the camera finder.
- Scan the QR code with your mobile device and go through the onboarding process prompted on the device.
- Device Ready - Awesome, your device is now set up and ready to accept Jobs.
- Keep your device powered up and connected to the internet to receive and fulfill Jobs.
Upon installing Acurast's Processor application, the Android device is fully locked down, with only the application running. Make sure to utilize one of the recommended devices to be able to get Jobs assigned to your device.
|Google Pixel 4|
|Google Pixel 4a|
|Google Pixel 5|
|Google Pixel 5a|
|Google Pixel 6|
|Google Pixel 6 Pro|
|Google Pixel 6a|
|Samsung Galaxy Note 10|
|Samsung Galaxy Note 10+|
If the device is rooted, the access to the Trusted Execution Environment will become unavailable and the device will no longer be able to get Jobs assigned.
Trusted Execution Environments
What is the consumer hardware which is most accessible and secure? Mobile phones.
Due to their mobile nature and lack of physical security, mobile devices have been equipped with the most advanced security modules available, which are battle-tested daily on billions of devices. By leveraging this trusted execution environment as the confidential computation engine, Acurast not only ends up with a very secure platform, but also with stellar accessibility.
Acurast's protocol is set up to be inclusive of various Trusted Execution Environments, the initial focus is on Android powered devices.
Acurast Processors communicate with the destination, defined by the Consumer, natively. This allows for answer on-chain in time and reduces an unnecessary step of communication that would have to be routed over the Acurast Protocol.